McCracken County, Kentucky

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What do I do when my car is paid off?
    After 2 weeks, contact us at 270-444-4700 to verify that the lien has been released and, at next convenient opportunity, bring the title in to have us release the lien on the front of the title.

  2. Does the bank mail me my title when my loan is paid off?
    No.  In Kentucky, you will receive your title in the mail after you file the lien for release.  Follow the steps in Question 1 (above).

  3. What do I do if the bank mails the lien release to me?
    Bring or mail this release to us as soon as possible.  Our address is:   McCracken County Clerk, P.O. Box 609, Paducah, KY  42002-0609.

  4. Can I fax my lien release?
    We cannot accept a faxed lien release. 

  5. How much does it cost to get married and can I get married in the courthouse?
    A marriage license is $35.50.  There is no waiting period.  Should you wish to get married in the courthouse, you will need to make an appointment with one of the judges in the courthouse.
  1. What do we do if we have lost the original lien release?
    Lien releases are available at the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, from the forms menu. Release must have file number.

  2. Can I fax a lien release?
    No. We must have the original signature on release to process a release.

  3. How do I file on a boat, motor, and trailer?
    The boat and trailer will be filed on a Title lien statement, the motor will need to be filed on a UCC with the Secretary of State.

  4. When can I file a continuation statement on a Title lien statement?
    These can be filed 6 months prior to the maturity date, but not one day after the maturity date.


Last Updated 6/24/2008